Arriving 23 October 2017
The flight controller designed to use every possible feature of Betaflight just got upgraded!
BetaflightF4 is the follow up design to the very popular BetaflightF3. Following in the same path as Betaflight F3 we have kept a very similar footprint in terms of design with a few added modifications. The F405 has replaced the F303 to allow for lower CPU loads.
The designer has eliminated the 5v/3.3v jumper and added two seperate connection points, one for sbus and one for spektrum users. The jumper still remains for the battery voltage/5v connection for connecting your camera. While wiring the board it is recommended to get power for your vtx either from a different 5v source on the board or if using a higher voltage vtx power it from the battery input coming into the pdb. Running ground loop at Agnd with gnd wires from camera and vtx is still recommended to give the cleanest video signal.
Another small design change to this board was changing the BEC, this change takes the recommended 5v 2A current limit and drops it down to 5V 1.5A, its a small change but one that we opted for in order to use a more reliable BEC.
BetaflightF4 now comes with telemtry pads for BLHeli32 ESCs these pads are located between the signal and gnd pads for the ESC connections.
- Integrated PDB
- Built in OSD customizable via Betaflight OSD
- Current sensor
- Intuitive layout
- Flash memory for blackbox
- Tailored to support Betaflight
- When running 8K/8K, CPU usage remains low
- F405 Processor
- MPU6000 Gyro/ACC Sensor
- BEC Max current 5V 1.5A
- Built in OSD – configurable via Betaflight GUI
- Current sensor
- Power distribution board with six-layer PCB
- OSD Max Current: 145A
Featuring a fully functioning OSD that can be configured in Betaflight. Supports TBS SmartAudio functionality, you can change settings on your FPV video transmitter EASILY. Using the Betaflight OSD, you can change channel or transmit power setting on your TBS Unify or ImmersionRC Tramp video transmitter, without ever touching your copter!
The team at betaflight have made this board compatible with the latest DShot release. But we didn’t stop there, this board also features a micro adapter to accept TF cards for those of you that like to follow up your flights with reviewing black box logging...we think we know of at least one guy that will like that.
Failure to adhere to these warnings will void your warranty and destroy your flight controller.
- Observe polarity at all times. Double check all connections before applying power.
- After double checking all connections its a good idea to triple check connections...positive to positive, negative to negative.
- Make certain all channel inputs match corresponding outputs or else undesired flight characteristics will happen.
- Keep magnets away from flight controller.